Re: Confidentiality notices on email messages

2011-07-20 02:23:00
Except that the other Content-disposition values express the sender's intent,
whereas this one expresses the receiver's [likely] perception.  It might as
well be "Content-disposition: discard" -- no sender would ever generate it.  In
contrast one could make at least a semi-serious case that by defining a media
type for legal disclaimers, you could have UA's that by default hid it but
didn't throw it away, so that you could see it later if for some inconceivable
reason you wanted to.  (And the issue of including different media types could
be addressed by making it multipart/noise.)

On the other hand, if Ned and I disagree that's itself an indication that this
is not a very serious discussion.  :-)  -- Nathaniel