RE: Confidentiality notices on email messages

2011-07-15 19:10:16
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John C Klensin
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:39 AM
To: Randall Gellens; Marc Petit-Huguenin
Cc: IETF discussion list
Subject: Re: Confidentiality notices on email messages

If one starts down that path, there is a real possibility for a
semantically-rich environment.  For example, consider a noise
type for flaming, repetitive, responses to a topic on the IETF
list.  One could also very efficiently reflect what I assume was
the intent of a recent observation on the list with
noise-type="hitler" :-(

The trick though, alas, is to get people using such disclaimers to begin using
such a media type.

Maybe we need an attractive acronym for NOISE as a decoy.