Re: Confidentiality notices on email messages

2011-07-15 10:08:03
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 14:39:17 -0400, John C Klensin
<john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> said:

Ooh, I like this proposal.  We can also have noise-types for
exhortations to not print the email.

JCK> If one starts down that path, there is a real possibility for a
JCK> semantically-rich environment.  For example, consider a noise
JCK> type for flaming, repetitive, responses to a topic on the IETF
JCK> list.  One could also very efficiently reflect what I assume was
JCK> the intent of a recent observation on the list with
JCK> noise-type="hitler" :-(

Obviously we need to take a typical step back first and determine the
scope of the problem.  We need to commission a "requirements for noise"
ID first.
--
Wes Hardaker
SPARTA, Inc.