Re: Confidentiality notices on email messages

2011-07-13 11:50:19
On 13/Jul/11 18:38, Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
On 07/13/2011 06:50 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:

Barry, I think that we should put a filter on the ietf.org that bounces
all messages with confidentiality notices.

Yes, and perhaps disclaimers/confidentiality notices should be standardized
with
their own MIME type to make automatic processing easier so receivers of this
kind of notice (mailing-list or other) can respect the wishes of the sender.

+1, I am quite concerned by those unneeded clots of legal wisdom
infesting more and more places.  Couldn't they be concise, at least?
A confidentiality notice shouldn't need to thoroughly explain the
legal meaning of the term "confidential"...  Rather than formulate the
law so as to leverage the Internet, legal systems at times seem to be
hindering it with questionable obligations.