RE: Confidentiality notices on email messages

2011-07-13 22:17:37
John Levine wrote:
It's clueless cargo cult lawyering. I blogged on it in January:
http://jl.ly/Internet/confid.html

That tells me a lot about the competence of some lawyers. A law firm
asked me some time ago to implement a system on their MS Exchange server
to automatically add such disclaimers. Although it's easy to configure
when using Outlook (using a signature), there was no disclaimer sent
when using the HTTP interface or the phones. They're not smart^H^H^H^H^H
technical enough to figure how to edit the "Sent from my Iphone" string,
either.

So, I sold and installed a commercial product:
http://www.exclaimer.com/products/mail-disclaimers/Default.aspx

ROTFL. Thanks John, you made my day. Hey, someone has to make a living
out of this BS, might as well be me.

Michel.