Re: Confidentiality notices on email messages

2011-07-14 09:01:52
While these notices have very little to no legal weight whatsoever, I firmly
believe that allowing their presence on our mailing list invites frivolous
lawsuits whose purpose is to cost the IETF money in the case that an
individual does not like what we are doing.  One does not need to look
particularly hard to find examples of ridiculous cases the plaintiff would
never win where the defendant chose to simply buy the privilege of making it
go away without taking on the costs and effort of actually fighting it in
court, no matter how certain the victory.