Re: Confidentiality notices on email messages

2011-07-12 16:40:43
Hi, Jorge.

You may want to refer to Section 5.2 of RFC 5378, which addresses this
issue:

"Each Contributor agrees that any statement in a Contribution, whether
generated automatically or otherwise, that states or implies that the
Contribution is confidential or subject to any privilege, can be disregarded
for all purposes, and will be of no force or effect."

Yes, I'm aware of that.  My point was exactly that: that the
confidentiality statement is pointless.  I'm asking people to try to
get rid of them entirely.

Barry