Re: On attending BoFs

2011-07-28 15:35:30
You're going to ask attendees to self-identify as tourists and leave
the room?  Today's tourists may well become tomorrow's document
editors.
Let's just assign large enough rooms to BoFs and newly-formed WGs
so that the work can start in earnest.

I agree.  If people are there paying attention, I want them there.
Lots of people don't know whether they're going to commit to doing
work until the end of the BoF, after they've heard all the stuff about
problem statement, work scope, and proposed work items.

I'd rather just make sure we have rooms that are big enough, and leave
it at that.  BoFs tend to be artificially busy because people like
those tchotchkes -- people are interested in seeing what the new
proposals are about.  Let's not discourage that, but feed it.

Barry