Re: Why the IESG needs to review everything...

2011-07-29 07:20:07

On 7/28/2011 7:54 PM, SM wrote:
At 04:24 PM 7/28/2011, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Er, no. By definition, it's correct until we update RFC 2026.

Quoting the Status of this memo section from RFC 6305, RFC 6308, RFC 6319 and
RFC 6331 which are Informational and from the IETF Stream:

"This document is a product of the Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF). It represents the consensus of the IETF community.

SM is correctly detecting some problematic inconsistencies in our language.

We do not use adequately clear and distinctive language to distinguish between:

   *  IETF consensus used to approve standards/bcp,

   *  IETF consensus used to approve other documents through the IETF

* Independent Informational and Experimental submissions that are published /without/ IETF approval.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking