Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

2011-07-30 12:06:29
It seems to me that this does two things, both small but useful.
1) It makes a minor change in the advancement procedures so that they are more reasonable. They may still not be sufficiently reasonable to be used, but it improves them, and thereby improves the odds. 2) It is coupled to an intent to actually behave according to what the document says. Such an intent is obviously not feasible without some change. It is useful to have our behavior and our documented description of how we work match because the mismatch causes confusion, at least for new participants, and sometimes even for experienced participants.

It might be the case that it will improve the advancement percentage. It might not. I can not imagine that it will make that even worse.

So, it seems to me that this matches the description that Eric, Brian, and others have used of a baby step that is not harmful and may be helpful.

Yours,
Joel