Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

2011-07-31 10:58:46
On Jul 31, 2011, at 11:55 AM, RJ Atkinson wrote:
On 31st July 2011, Brian Carpenter wrote, in part:

[snip]

It might cause a change, simply because the effort of making the single
move PS->IS will get you to the end state, whereas previously you had
to make two efforts, PS->DS->STD. But only time will tell if this changes
our collective behaviour.

Making this process change definitely will change my attitude
towards trying to advance standards-track RFCs that I am directly
involved with.

Until now, the process overhead to move from PS to STD was far too great
to justify the time spent.  My perception is that this change reduces
the process work substantially -- and a change in perception (i.e.
"perception" by itself) is sufficient to increase my own motivation
to make the attempt.

While perception normally varies widely between individuals,
on virtually all topics, I am not alone in in the view
I've expressed just above.

Yours,

Ran

This is the intent.