Re: IESG voting procedures

2011-08-15 13:35:04
On Aug 15, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Russ Housley wrote:

My experience is that a technical flaw, even if it is a corner case, is acted
upon by the WG.  There are rare cases where the WG has lost energy, but in
general the WG wants to produce a quality output.  As a result, technical
flaws are not the place where things get messy.  Rather, things get messy
over issues that have a political component.

What's the difference between "issues that have a political component" and
disagreements about whether there is a technical flaw?   Seems to me that
people who don't want to admit that there's a technical flaw (or who can't
easily see it from their perspective) often dismiss the issue as a political
problem.

Keith