Re: [IETF] Re: Experiment for different schedule for Friday

2011-08-22 18:39:36

On Aug 22, 2011, at 7:28 PM, Randall Gellens wrote:

At 5:24 PM -0400 8/22/11, IETF Chair wrote:

The IESG is considering a different schedule for the Friday of IETF 82.  The
IESG is seeking your input on these potential changes.

The IESG would like to try a schedule experiment on Friday, using this
schedule:

 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM - Session I
11:00 AM - 11:20 AM - Room Change and Cookie Break
11:20 AM - 12:20 PM - Session II
12:10 PM - 12:30 PM - Room Change Break
12:30 PM - 13:30 PM - Session III

I'd suggest shortening the first session and eliminating the cookie break, so:

9:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Session I
10:30 AM - 10:40 AM: room change
10:40 AM - 11:40 AM: Session II
11:40 AM - 11:50 AM: room change
11:50 AM - 12:50 PM: Session III

I don't think 20 minutes is sufficient for a cookie break and room change,
and think we can go without in order to be done sooner. However, if people
really want cookies, perhaps they could be in the meeting rooms during
Session II instead of centrally?

Or perhaps they could plan ahead a little and grab a cookie or two (and some
coffee) before the meeting….

Randall Gellens