Re: authenticated archives, was https

2011-08-27 11:53:45
In the case of http: access, MSIE just times out.  Repeat the request and it
usually works; something has changed (could even be DNS).

It works fine for me in IE on Windows 7 on an ordinary consumer DSL connection, click through the warning about the expired cert and the pages come right up. I suspect you will find that "my tools are broken" is not a persuasive argument to get people to remove security features, even fairly lame ones like this.

Recently, DKIM was added to outgoing mail.  The mail still works, the cost to
me is small and the benefit - to me -is nil.  Who decided to put it in?

The IAOC, I expect. I find DKIM useful to skip mail filtering. Are you saying that people are not allowed to use RFC-standard security features until you, Tom, approve of them?

R's,
John