RE: [mpls] [PWE3] IETF Last Call comment on draft-ietf-pwe3-gal-in-pw

2011-09-01 11:45:09
Yaakov,
You've written
PW that starts in an MPLS-TP domain, can easily leak into a non-TP domain
This is exactly the point that I've raised in my IETF LC comment on the draft
(for MS-PW) - please see my email (to several lists) that explains that in some
detail, at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pwe3/current/msg12581.html.

Regards,
     Sasha

________________________________
From: mpls-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mpls-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Yaakov Stein [yaakov_s(_at_)rad(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:37 PM
To: stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com; Luca Martini; IETF Discussion
Cc: mpls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; pwe3; iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
pwe3-chairs(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [mpls] [PWE3] IETF Last Call comment on draft-ietf-pwe3-gal-in-pw

Stewart

Was this email meant to address my email to the IETF discussion list (from Tues
16 Aug)
or just the discussion on MPLS and PWE lists ?

It does to SOME extent, as it leaves open the possibility of the GAL not being
at BoS;
but it does not rule out that possibility either.

However, you did not address my other final comment that a PW that starts in an
MPLS-TP domain,
can easily leak into a non-TP domain.
What does one do then ?

(My email also identified a wording issue and what I consider to be a
completely inaccurate
explanation of what the draft is trying to accomplish.)

Y(J)S