Re: [mpls] [PWE3] IETF Last Call comment on draft-ietf-pwe3-gal-in-pw

2011-09-01 12:34:04

On 01/09/2011 17:07, Alexander Vainshtein wrote:
Yaakov,
You've written

    PW that starts in an MPLS-TP domain, can easily leak into a non-TP
    domain

This is exactly the point that I've raised in my IETF LC comment on the draft (for MS-PW) - please see my email (to several lists) that explains that in some detail, at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pwe3/current/msg12581.html.
Regards,
Sasha

The operator intends to improve traffic distribution in the IP/MPLS domain, hence he enables insertionand discard of "flow labels" at the two S-PEs.

Speaking as an author of the FAT-PW draft I do not recall any text that proposes that S-PEs insert FLs in the stack, and it never occurred to me that anyone anyone would try, since would require a change to the design of the S-PEs.

Stewart