Re: Conclusion of the last call on draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

2011-09-12 06:33:22
"Keith" == Keith Moore <moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> writes:

    Keith>     2) This will not do any good

    Keith> IMO, that is a valid objection.  Stability in our process is
    Keith> desirable; therefore change merely for the sake of change is
    Keith> undesirable.

"This will not do any good, stability is important, so this should not
be done," is an objection.  "This will not do any good," is neutral.
You believe that stability is important.  Others believe that forward
progress and being seen to do something are good.  I do tend to come
down on your side, and if I think something isn't going to do do good
I'm likely to actually state an objection. However for a lot of reasons,
I think the IESG should actually require people to present something
that is constructionally supportive or an objection before counting it
as such. "This will not do any good," is not such.