Re: Pre-IETF RFCs to Historic (not really proposing)

2011-09-15 13:18:32
My recollection is that this has already been done to a large degree.

Also, focusing on this specific set of RFCs would be a lot of work, for very
little actual value to the community.

On the other hand, I'd be very much in favor of IETF periodically reviewing ALL
standards-track RFCs for applicability.  But reclassifying as Historic is
rarely appropriate.   Instead what should be done is to write an applicability
statement for the protocols for which none exist, or for which the previous
applicability statements are no longer correct.

Keith