Re: Pre-IETF RFCs to Historic (not really proposing)

2011-09-16 11:40:02
On Sep 16, 2011, at 10:52 AM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:

Again I would like to bring up the idea of every RFC having an associated
wiki page(s). The goal here is to provide a way for implementors to add
comments, annotations, clarifications, corrections etc to augment the RFCs.
Whilst such commentary can often be found on IETF mailing lists after an RFC
is published locating those and searching them can be tedious - plus the full
history of discussion on various points is often not relevant to an
implementor - all they need to know is what is the correct way to do it now.

Doing something like this would obviously require some investment in
additional infrastructure. There are also questions about how we would
maintain the integrity of the information on the wiki pages, but I think
those are things we can easily address.

This is something that could be implemented on a volunteer basis as an
experiment.  If it worked, perhaps IETF could be convinced to take it over.

Keith