RE: Wikis for RFCs

2011-09-19 13:29:20
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Keith Moore
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 11:20 AM
To: Peter Saint-Andre
Cc: Paul Hoffman; IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: Wikis for RFCs

On Sep 19, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
I think that if some people support the idea, they can easily create a
wiki somewhere (e.g., "specsannotated.com") and get to work. If the
experiment has value, we'll figure that out. If not, well, it was just
an experiment.

This is also my preference.   I have never thought of this as something
that IETF should start.

I like this idea, for those sufficiently enthusiastic about such a project.  If
it's even a little bit successful, the IETF could perhaps maintain a set of
links to offsite wikis discussing particular RFCs or suites of them, making it
clear the IETF doesn't endorse them.