RE: [mpls] R: FW: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC

2011-10-07 14:24:25
Hi all,
I concur with both parts of Dave's message :-( and support publication of the
draft.

I have an editorial/factual comment regarding Section 4.2 of the draft.

Let's begin with the fact that SAToP (i.e. RFC 4553) is not a Draft Standard,
it is a Proposed Standard RFC.

Further, I am not sure that the relationship between SAToP and other TDM PW
modes - CESoPSN (RFC 5086) and TDMoIP (RFC 5087) - is correctly described in
Section 4.2 of the draft. At least neither RFC 5086 not RFC 5087 contain any
explicit statements about SAToP as the "MUST to implement" protocol.

My 2c,
     Sasha