Re: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC - comment 2

2011-10-15 05:12:59
Malcolm,

seems that you have the problem claiming text refers to "assumptions" or "discussion points", especially since the format of the text is
clearly "decision".

/Loa

On 2011-10-15 02:37, Malcolm(_dot_)BETTS(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn wrote:
Loa,

I still do not understand how you can claim that the words from slide
113 of RFC 5317 and quoted in section 1.1 of
draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01:

"It is technically feasible that the existing MPLS architecture can be
extended to meet the requirements of a Transport profile
The architecture allows for a single OAM technology for LSPs, PWE
and a deeply nested network"

Represent a decision or even a recommendation.

However, if as you insist it was a "decision" can you explain why the
IETF chose to ignore this "decision" and initially defined different
encapsulations for the PW and LSP OAM and subsequently defined a second
encapsulation for PW OAM. So that now we have two encapsulations for OAM
in MPLS-TP PWs.

Regards,

Malcolm

*Loa Andersson <loa(_at_)pi(_dot_)nu>*

14/10/2011 10:37 AM

        Malcolm(_dot_)BETTS(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn
cc
        Ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject
        Re: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The
Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to
Informational RFC - comment 2

Malocolm,

there is no conflict - the one OAM solution was and is a decision.

/Loa

On 2011-10-14 15:59, Malcolm(_dot_)BETTS(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn wrote:
 > Loa,
 >
 > I have added - comment 2 to the subject line and deleted all the other
 > comments.
 >
 > I cannot find section 1.1 or the text "one OAM solution" in the PDF
 > version of RFC 5317.
 >
 > The last paragraph of section 1 states:
 >
 > In the case of a conflict between the summary and the
 > slides, the slides take precedence. Since those slides were the
 > basis of an important agreement between the IETF and the ITU-T, it
 > should further be noted that in the event that the PDF version of the
 > slides differs from those emailed to ITU-T and IETF management on 18
 > April 2008 by the co-chairs of the JWT, the emailed slides take
 > precedence.
 >
 > The full quote from slide 12 is:
 > > This presentation is a collection of assumptions, discussion points and
 > > decisions that the combined group has had during the months of
March and