Re: Requirement to go to meetings

2011-10-26 04:18:04
On Sun Oct 23 17:19:23 2011, Melinda Shore wrote:
On 10/22/11 10:26 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
So the question is how to move the center of gravity back to mailing lists?

In all honesty I'd say that the largest source of this problem is
working group chairs,

I'd add the cultural problem that no matter how many RFCs I author, I shall forever be barred from taking part in (for example) NomCom unless I show up to meetings in person.

While we instill a requirement to attend meetings to be a "real" IETF participant, we'll require people to attend meetings to do "real" participation.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net