RE: LISP is not a Loc-ID Separation protocol

2011-11-03 09:43:10
    > From: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred(_dot_)L(_dot_)Templin(_at_)boeing(_dot_)com>

    > one to one correspondence with the end system's multiple VPN
    > connections. The internal virtual interfaces keep the VPNs separate.

As logically separate sources for incoming/outbound packets, they are just
like multiple real interfaces. The name used for neither is really the
'identity' of the host, the names applied to those things just identify
sources/sinks of packets.

    >> Suppose I assign two endpoint identifiers to a host. Which is the
    >> host's identity?

    > Neither - that's the point. The host's identify is not bound to any one
    > or multiple IP addresses.

I said "endpoint identifiers" (under whatever definition of that term one
wishes to use), not "addresses".

So, a single host can have multiple identities (whether one does so via
multiple interfaces/interface addresses, or endpoint identifiers). So?

        Noel