RE: LISP is not a Loc-ID Separation protocol

2011-11-03 10:14:59
Hi Noel,

But I must confess I'm kind of confused as to why any of this
matters? I
mean, it's fun philosophical debate (well, for some people, I
guess :-), but
so what?

It just circles back again to the fact that what LISP
calls "EID" is something that names an interface; not
an end system. See the subject line for the implications.

I suggested a long time ago that the LISP team rename
"EID" as "Endpoint Interface iDentifier", but they
balked at the suggestion. I do however believe that
that expansion is more closely aligned with the truth.

Thanks - Fred
fred(_dot_)l(_dot_)templin(_at_)boeing(_dot_)com

      Noel