Re: text/lp [was Re: discouraged by .docx was Re: Plagued by PPTX again]

2011-11-27 14:19:02
On 27 November 2011 20:38, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm willing to write up either an extension/update to RFC3676 or
a new subtype if there is enough expression of interest (not
just the two of us) to indicate that such a proposal would be
likely to go somewhere.

As Gmail web UI user I'm interested in any attempts to get the
concept of "monospaced" to the attention of Google engineers.

So far a "user script" (or of course a MUA such as "TB") do the
trick for me after Gmail killed its "monospaced lab" some years
ago.  Use simple words (4 or less characters) in short sentences
(no commas, semicolons, dashes, only MUSTard and periods), this
is a very advanced topic for folks who never used command lines
or punched cards.

-Frank