Re: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

2011-12-03 18:50:19
    > From: Doug Barton <dougb(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us>

    > Doing the allocation will postpone the pain, until such time as those
    > folks that we keep hearing have exhausted all of 1918 internally catch
    > on, and then start using this block as 1918 space.

But if any particular site uses this space for either i) 1918-type uses, or
ii) the intended use, do we care? As long as having some sites use it for
1918 purposes doesn't harm the ability of _other_ sites to use it for the
purposes for which it is intended, I don't see the harm (although maybe I'm
missing something).

        Noel