Re: Netfilter (Linux) Does IPv6 NAT

2011-12-06 14:18:18
On 2011-12-06 18:14, Mark Andrews wrote:
The so-called "IPv6 privacy addresses" are terminology fud.
No, there is no fear, uncertainty or doubt involved. If you don't want
to be traceable by your MAC address, use privacy addresses. That will
even conceal from parents which child is downloading music.

If parents want to know which child is doing what they can do that
even with privacy addresses.  Privacy addresses don't change the
mac, that just don't encode the mac in the IPv6 address.  If the
kids start playing mac games use 802.1x.

Yes, of course it depends on the child's and the parents' technical
sophistication. I was limiting my comment to layer 3, since Martin was
arguing that layer 3 NAT helps privacy.

   Brian