Re: Netfilter (Linux) Does IPv6 NAT

2011-12-06 14:34:31
Brian, I'd like to join this from another angle.

What exactly does changing your v4 address get you in terms of privacy?

It's my understanding that protocols including TCP, HTTP, TLS, and very
much the web platform are fairly easily linked.
That is, it's relatively easy to determine with reasonably widely
available software whether two connections come from the same end-system
across a NAT and regardless of what's done to the IP addresses.

So, I'd like to better understand what attacks changing the outer DHCP
address protects against in terms of privacy.