RE: Travel/Attendees list FAQ

2011-12-07 08:41:18
From: Dave CROCKER [mailto:dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:28 AM
To: George, Wes
Cc: IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: Travel/Attendees list FAQ

However I suggest that the document cast itself as a snapshot of an on-
going
documentation process, with the "master" copy being an IETF Wiki; the
document
should contain a point to the wiki.
[WEG] There is currently a pointer to the wiki, but I'll have to think on how
to update the text to make this distinction about how updates are managed. I'd
like to hope that we can get to something quasi-complete in terms of the
questions, since they should be relatively static and the answers are what
changes from meeting to meeting and are stored in the wiki, with the idea that
updates to this document could be handled through the draft process
periodically (similar to other docs like the Tao).

I'll also suggest that there be an on-going mailing list for discussing
meeting
logistics issues, rather than a different mailing list for each
meeting.
(ietf-meeting?)

[WEG] I think because you have different attendees for each meeting that this
might be problematic. I didn't miss the email chatter for the last IETF meeting
that I didn't attend, and in fact, the whole point of this draft is to try to
cut down on said chatter. Perhaps the way to manage this is to have two lists -
an IETF-meeting list, and then an xxattendees list, and then people interested
in higher-level meeting logistics (not specific to one meeting) can manually
subscribe to the IETF-meeting list, and the xxattendees list itself is simply
subscribed to the ietf-meeting list for the duration of its relevant period,
and then unsubscribed afterwards (or vice versa).

Thanks
Wes George

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.