Re: [sieve] Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-08.txt> (Sieve Notification Mechanism: SIP MESSAGE) to Proposed Standard

2012-01-26 00:13:18

On 1/25/2012 1:50 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:
I believe the document should be returned to the working group who are the main
victims of the disruptive behaviour by the author.

The working group might be the closest and could reasonably have the highest sense of frustration -- Pete's later posting notwithstanding -- but forgive my noting that they are not the main victims.

Variously the IETF and the Internet community are the main victims. The IETF for the rather sustained violation of its policies and the Internet community for the delay in being able to use a mechanism that presumably would be useful.

Somehow, an apology does not seem sufficient. Something more substantial is warranted.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking