Re: [sieve] Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-08.txt> (Sieve Notification Mechanism: SIP MESSAGE) to Proposed Standard

2012-01-26 07:53:16

On Jan 26, 2012, at 12:12 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

On 1/25/2012 1:50 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:
I believe the document should be returned to the working group who are the
main
victims of the disruptive behaviour by the author.

The working group might be the closest and could reasonably have the highest
sense of frustration -- Pete's later posting notwithstanding -- but forgive
my noting that they are not the main victims.

Variously the IETF and the Internet community are the main victims.  The IETF
for the rather sustained violation of its policies and the Internet community
for the delay in being able to use a mechanism that presumably would be
useful.

+1

Bob

Somehow, an apology does not seem sufficient.  Something more substantial is
warranted.

d/
--

 Dave Crocker