Re: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-14.txt> (IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Address Space) to BCP

2012-02-13 16:37:03
Mans,

On Feb 13, 2012, at 2:17 PM, Måns Nilsson wrote:
To sum things up, we are at the stage where a /10 is a laughable

proposition.

Other than APNIC, I don't think this is correct.  Perhaps folks from the RIRs
can confirm.

It is either 10/8 or squat. No other alternatives exist. I'd expect
squatting on the "wrong" /8 to be punishable as a Homeland Security
Department -related crime, if one takes the US-centric view.

I doubt this, particularly since the use of the addresses we're talking about
is entirely internal.

Folks, we've run out.

"I'm not dead yet!" (to misquote Monty Python)

Regards,
-drc