Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

2012-04-24 18:59:19
Hi John,
At 14:33 24-04-2012, John C Klensin wrote:
The pictures were not, iir, taken in Europe.  And I repeat my

:-)

Working group participants could be prone to amnesia. The hand raising might be viewed as a commitment to perform the reviews. It was clearly stated that photos would be taken, why they were taken and what would be done with them. Nobody objected.

Regards,
-sm

P.S. I read the following some time back:

 - Insist on doing everything through "channels".  Never permit short-cuts
   to be taken in order to expedite decisions.

 - When possible, refer all matters to committees, for "further study and
   consideration".  Attempt to make the committees as large as possible ­
   never less than five.

 - Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.

 - Haggle over precise wordings.

 - Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to
   reopen the question of the advisability of that decision.

 - Advocate "caution".  Be "reasonable" and urge your fellow participants
   to be "reasonable" and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments
   or difficulties later on.

 - Be worried about the propriety of any decision ­ raise the question of
   whether such action as is contemplated lies within the jurisdiction of
   the group or whether it might conflict with the policy of some higher
   echelon.

 - Never pass on your skill and experience to a new or less skillful worker.