Re: Is the IETF aging?

The greybeards talk more. Especially in plenaries.

Ain't that the truth.

I didn't go to meetings for some number of years and when I
started going again I saw a *lot* of new faces, not all of
whom are young.  It seems to me that a static participant
base would clearly be more of an issue than age, per se.
There's pretty clearly some churn, whether it's because of
an influx of people from a new (to the IETF) geographic area,
or because  of an influx of people wanting to work on a new
(to the IETF) problem area, and that's a very, very, very
good thing.

Melinda