Re: Is the IETF aging?

2012-04-30 20:26:31
One response below [MB].

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:

At 07:41 27-04-2012, Yoav Nir wrote:

After each meeting, Ray sends out a survey to all participants. The
results from the latest one:

When were you born?

 Before 1950    2.9%
 1950 - 1960   16.6%
 1961 - 1970   33.7%
 1971 - 1980   32.8%
 After 1980    14.0%

These are the results from 2006:

 Before 1950    6.8%
  1950 - 1960   24.0%
  1961 - 1970   33.9%
  1971 - 1980   33.6%
  After 1980     1.8%

And 2010:

 Before 1950    3.8%
  1950 - 1960   21.0%
  1961 - 1970   30.7%
  1971 - 1980   37.0%
  After 1980     7.6%

 I think an earlier survey had the 1971-1980 crowd inch past the 1961-1970
one, but it does seem like the 30-50 age groups dominate. I don't believe
you really are among the youngest, and

Yes.