Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-codec-opus-12.txt> (Definition of the Opus Audio Codec) to Proposed Standard

2012-05-01 11:07:25
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:28:59PM -0700, SM wrote:
At 18:40 30-04-2012, Ron wrote:
If this clause becomes a blocker, then we should simply remove it, but in
that
case it would be good to have clear reasons why it became a blocker, since
the
things you say you fear here, I see as already being prohibited anyway.

The text in Section 10 is ambiguous.

Given all the efforts that went into RFC 6569, it's odd to see the
text being discussed during the Last Call instead of the WGLC.

Nobody raised any questions about it to discuss until Robert's AD review.
And since it's essentially the same text as had been included in previously
published RFCs, that didn't seem particularly surprising either.

Whatever resolution we arrive at over this, it doesn't effect the substantive
content of the proposed standard. And the question in question does seem like
something that's out of scope for the CODEC WG to answer in general anyway,
beyond giving the rationale for adding it in this case.

I'm happy to defer to whatever the broader community thinks will work best
on this one.

 Best,
 Ron