Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

2012-05-10 12:00:32
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:17 AM, David Morris <dwm(_at_)xpasc(_dot_)com> wrote:
One of the ways we deal with SPAM and DOS attacks is to intentionally slow
the process. Ted's proposal would be vastly improved with the provision
that access, once authenticated, was delayed approximately the same
amount of time as the current manual process. Propably with some
form of the failed login approach ... maximum requests per week or
other similar unit of time.

Just as a point of clarification, I did not actually make a proposal;
I asked whether the IESG had considered using making them available
outside the proceedings and other a different set of terms of use.  I
would be happy to make an actual proposal if the IESG decides it is
willing to consider that approach, but I'm not going to bother
drafting such a thing if they are firmly convinced that the
proceedings are the right way to go.

regards,

Ted