Re: Proposed Update to Note Well

2012-06-22 17:46:55
Hi Peter,

On 6.22.2012 09:31 , "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter(_at_)stpeter(_dot_)im> wrote:

On 6/22/12 10:03 AM, Stephan Wenger wrote:

   "If you are aware of a patent controlled by your employer
   or sponsor that is related to your contribution, then you must
   disclose that patent."

Why is it limited to employers and sponsors? I might control it myself
directly, or just know that a patent covers it (BCP79, Section 6.1.1).

Section 6.1.1 requires the IPR being controlled by employer or sponsor.
The part you are referring to is gated by section 6.6, which is where
The employer or sponsor control is required.

That leaves us with

   If you are aware of a patent controlled by your employer
   or sponsor that is related to your contribution, then you must
   disclose that patent."

"Disclose that *patent*" instead of "disclose that *fact*", because we
Do not want to see disclosures suing "I'm aware of IPR covering my
Contribution".

My final word for today as well; see you all tomorrow on this fine list :-)

Stephan