Re: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-http-forwarded-06.txt> (Forwarded HTTP Extension) to Proposed Standard

2012-07-10 11:53:34
Hi Andreas,
At 04:28 10-07-2012, Andreas Petersson wrote:
I interpret it the other way around.
It makes a deployer aware that there is also end user expectations
to take into considerations.
Removing it may work as well, but I think that less well reflects the
discussion on the apps-list.

There is a thread at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg06592.html of the working group discussions. There were views from three persons. I am in agreement with Alissa on that text. I'll "+1" her message at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg06664.html

I think that will make parsing harder, and give no benefit at all.

It allows for more random bits of information.

Regards,
-sm