Re: Oauth blog post

2012-07-29 15:28:43

Do you think that corporate domination of "open" standards development is OK?

The barrier for participation is low since there are no membership fees, etc.
Nevertheless, those who participate in standardization efforts have to spend
their time. So, typically those who participate for a longer period of time
need to have some incentives. These incentives often come from working for a
specific company.

We cannot force anyone to participate in any of our working groups. In the
OAuth case we have lots of other people participating but they typically ask
questions and provide implementation feedback rather than trying to steer the
standardization work.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: Eran was also working for a big corporation, namely Yahoo. I could imagine
that Yahoo also had some incentives to pay Eran for his participation in this
work.