Re: Oauth blog post

2012-07-29 15:51:11
Hi Yoav,

Hi

Like Dale, I haven't followed the play throughout the life of OAuth (the
working group)

Barely anyone has done that.

Who are these corporations that dominate the working group?  Are they content
providers like Facebook, Twitter, or Disney?  Are they ISPs? Is it General
Motors?

Eran claims that enterprise identity management equipment manufacturer dominate
the discussion.

If they are the people who are supposed to use these standards, their
participation is a good thing.

Getting everyone who writes Web applications involved in the standards process
is "a bit difficult".
If you look at the mailing list you see a mixture of small and big companies
involved.

I wish we had more users (corporate or others) in the Security Area. So who
are they?
The OAuth group is more a consumer of security expertise rather than the
source.

Ciao
Hannes

Yoav