Re: Oauth blog post

2012-07-29 15:37:45

On Jul 29, 2012, at 1:17 PM, Glen Zorn wrote:

On Sun, 2012-07-29 at 12:19 -0700, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

Just a minor comment on this one:

On Jul 29, 2012, at 8:20 AM, SM wrote:

 "[the] working group at the IETF started with strong web presence. But as
the
  work dragged on (and on) past its first year, those web folks left along
with
  every member of the original 1.0 community. The group that was left was
largely
  all enterprise… and me."

The IETF allows open participation and, as such, everyone, including
companies that develop enterprise software, are free to participate in the
discussions.

Do you think open participation is wrong?

Do you think that corporate domination of "open" standards development is OK?

Hi

Like Dale, I haven't followed the play throughout the life of OAuth (the
working group)

Who are these corporations that dominate the working group?  Are they content
providers like Facebook, Twitter, or Disney?  Are they ISPs? Is it General
Motors?

If they are the people who are supposed to use these standards, their
participation is a good thing. I wish we had more users (corporate or others)
in the Security Area. So who are they?

Yoav