Re: New Version Notification for: draft-baryun-rfc2119-update-00.txt

2012-08-01 12:22:04
Agreed. I suggest we stop discussing this proposal.

On Aug 1, 2012, at 9:03, Barry Leiba <barryleiba(_at_)computer(_dot_)org> wrote:

I written this draft starting a RFC2119 update for the reasons of
discussion threads in [1] and [2]. Please check draft and feedback,
thanking you.

I agree with what Paul and Melinda have said.  This document is pointless,
as there is no actual problem that it's solving and no misunderstanding
that it's clarifying.  Further, it's actively *harmful*.  It's arguable
that 2119 already reserves too many words by giving them specific,
normative meanings (SHALL *and* MUST; SHOULD *and* RECOMMENDED).  Adding
IF, THEN, and ELSE would not only be unnecessary, but downright *bad*.

Barry