Re: [OPSAWG] Basic ietf process question ...

2012-08-03 10:55:55
On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 04:31:42PM +0200, Robert Raszuk wrote:

But if we are at this phase I think creating a network elements
abstraction layer and be able to configure/monitor any protocol and
service at the unified way is one of the building blocks we should
start with. And of course I think this is very clear to everyone if
it is not made mandatory in each draft as new section or appendix it
is just not going to happen in practice.

Writing data models that are implementable on multiple platforms is
non trivial. We started working on your "building block" but it will
take time. And after all, a data model is only worth something if it
gets implemented.  A mandatory section does not help much with all of
this. What helps is people who commit time to work on it, who review
stuff, producing good and hopefully widely implementable models.

/js

Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany