Re: Basic ietf process question ...

2012-08-04 11:27:19
On 4 August 2012 08:52, Mark Nottingham <mnot(_at_)mnot(_dot_)net> wrote:
The other interesting case is where large amounts of data arrive in a stream.
SAX and SAX-like libraries makes this easy to implement with XML. I hope
there's an equivalent for Json; if not there needs to be.

Funny you mention that, I was just looking into that yesterday.

This seems to be in the front running:
  http://lloyd.github.com/yajl/

The conclusion that I reached on this subject was that both XML and
JSON are poorly suited to streaming use cases for large datasets.  Try
implementing XMPP "framing" some time and tell me afterwards how much
you love SAX.

I prefer CSV or lots of small objects.