Re: Basic ietf process question ...

2012-08-04 22:06:32
I gave such a Sunday tutorial at IETF70.  The slides are here
(somewhat dated, but still useful I’d say):
http://www.tbray.org/tmp/IETF70.pdf

 -Tim

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Worley, Dale R (Dale)
<dworley(_at_)avaya(_dot_)com> wrote:
From: Mark Nottingham [mnot(_at_)mnot(_dot_)net]

What surprises me and many others is that people are still using it
and promoting it, when it's well-understood by almost EVERYONE who was
involved in using XML for protocols in the past ten years agrees that
it's a mistake.

It sounds to me like what is needed is some sort of "best common
practices" document regarding data aggregation and encoding, or even
perhaps an IETF Sunday tutorial.  Lots of people who are never going
to become experts in the field need to make good choices when
designing protocols...

Dale