Meeting "lounges" at IETF meetings

2012-08-03 12:19:15
Greetings again. Some meeting venues have had insufficient places where five or
so people could comfortably gather for informal meetings, while other venues
did this just fine. One proposal has been that the Secretariat reserve large
rooms for this. Unfortunately, that adds significant cost to the meetings.

Instead, I propose that we simply designate the terminal room (which is already
reserved for future meetings) be designated as meeting areas where talking is
allowed / encouraged. Earplugs could be provided for people who really want a
quiet Ethernet connection; the cost of those for the Secretariat will be about
$25/meeting.

--Paul Hoffman