Re: Meeting "lounges" at IETF meetings

2012-08-03 14:13:50
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Paul Hoffman
<paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org> wrote:

On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Mary Barnes wrote:

Instead, I think we should ensure that future venues have adequate space
for both circulating between meeting rooms and for side conversations.

Just to be clear: you would rather that we pay higher meeting fees in
exchange for that adequate space?

[MB] Yes. [/MB]

I suggest that you could cut the cookie budget if funds really are the
only reason this wouldn't be done.

That is one way to pay for the extra space; it might not be so popular in
this particular crowd.

[MB]  Yes, I know it's not at all a popular idea (to reduce cookies), BUT
we have had adequate space at previous meetings for which we paid the same
meeting fee, so it seems possible to get space without increasing meeting
fees (and I thought Vancouver was selected as it was deemed a very
moderately priced venue for meetings).   Note, that we did get additional
space on the 34th floor during the week (which I assumed we paid for).
Also, there was a block of rooms on the 2nd floor that we did not use for
our meetings.  [/MB]

--Paul Hoffman