Re: New Version Notification for draft-leiba-3777upd-eligibility-01.txt

2012-08-17 16:34:05

The document says:

        o  Bullet 3, paragraph 1 is replaced by this:

              The nominating committee comprises at least a
Chair, 10 voting                      volunteers, 4 liaisons, and an
advisor.

The Past Chair is missing.

The adviser is not required, as implied by the "at least" in
this sentence.

Also, if I understand properly, the ISOC BoT is allowed to
provide a liaison, but they are not required to do so.

Russ,

Isn't the "advisor" the "Past Chair" in the context of that
sentence?   Note that "comprises at least a Chair, 10 voting
volunteers, 3 liaisons, and an advisor" comes straight out of
3777, where it is the first paragraph of item 3 of Section 4.

To avoid making the text ambiguous, confusing, or overly
sensitive to things that might change as other things evolve,
would it to be appropriate to say:

      The nominating committee is comprised of a Chair, ten
      voting volunteers, the immediate past nominating
      committee Chair in an advisory capacity, plus liaisons
      and optional additional advisor(s) as described in
      Section 4 of RFC 3777.

That is an improvement from my perspective.

Russ